This year’s report summarizes the global activity we detected in over 6.1 trillion+ logs and more than 150 million+ attacks, along with vulnerability scans, incident response engagements, and diverse findings from threat research and threat intelligence teams across NTT Security.
Notable threats, incidents and trends include:
- A 350% increase in ransomware
- Co-opted US hardware was the #1 originating source of attacks globally
- A global increase of 25% in attacks against technology companies
- Business and professional services appearing as a new entry to the ‘top five most attacked’ list
- The finance sector returning to be the most attacked sector globally
The GTIR also provides insights about the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), the Internet of things (IoT), Operational Technology (OT), and the 2020 Olympics and Paralympics in Tokyo, Japan.
We hope this report’s enhanced focus on industry sectors will help you evolve your security strategies and your daily security practices, while also increasing your ability to mitigate the attacks your organization is experiencing globally.
Fill in the form on this page to receive a copy of the 2018 Global Threat Intelligence Report.